This post is also available in: French
Thanks to Kerry, I found out that eating cake or cookies for breakfast helps losing weight. you can read this great Telegraph article about it. To sum it : « Morning is the best time to consume sweets because that’s when the body’s metabolism is most active – and we have the rest of the day to work off the calories, a new study shows. Eating cookies or chocolate as part of breakfast that includes proteins and carbs also helps stem the craving for sweets later. »
That is the kind of news I love. It happens that while I was doing my recurrent training 2 weeks ago one of co-workers reminded me of the banana muffins I used to bake and bring back at work (means in the plane) when we were having super early flights.
I haven’t baked those muffins since then and I had some overipe bananas to use. So why not ? Plus I have a dear friend that is allergic to egg and I thought that it would be nice for her to once be able to eat or at least bake them !
They were really good and it’s one of the Boyfriend’s favorites. He was quite happy about me baking those again ! So you should definitely have them for breakfast !
Eggless Banana Oats Chocolate Chip Muffins (Yield 12 muffins )
– 200g / 7 oz / 1 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
– 60g / 2.1 oz / 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
– 55g / 2 oz / 1/4 cup light brown sugar
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 55g / 2 oz / 1/4 cup grape seed oil (or any other neutral oil)
– 60g / 2.1 oz / 1/4 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 250g / 8.8 oz / 1 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 2 mediums)
– 85g / 3 oz / 1/2 cup chocolate chips
– 100g / 3.5 oz / 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
– Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
– Line 12 muffin pan cups with paper liners or lightly butter and flour it.
– In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
– In a large bowl mash the bananas (using a fork or a potato masher). First add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly. Then add the oil and buttermilk and mix well.
– Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just enough to combine. Be careful to not over mix.
– Fold in the chocolate chips.
– Scrape sides of bowl an divide the batter between the 12 cups. (they will be 3/4th full).
– Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
– Remove muffins from pan, and let cool completely.
– Eat them all !! Or find someone to help you do it !
Bon Appétit !