This post is also available in: French
Hey guys ! Yeah I’m back … Sorry for me being silent so long. I realized that it’s been 3 weeks since my last post … I did plan to post while in vacation but first I had to deal with the jetlag, then I’ve been really busy , ate a lot, walked a lot and then passed out when I came home at night.
Then I came back this week and had to deal with jetlag again and household chores … Argh .. You know the ones that wait for you at home when vacations are over : cleaning, laundry, groceries … And spending time with your family of course …
Something more happened while I was in Montreal, Canada.. I got involved in reading the Hunger Games books trilogy. Yeah yeah I know … Marketing … I love those teenage books anyway .. I’m a big Harry Potter and Twilight fan … Some will think I’m pathetic.
I’m just like that, I don’t care. I’ve been to Marylin Manson, Shinedown or ACDC gigs as well as Avril Lavigne and Taylor Swift gigs as well. I’m all about opposites. The thing about books is that when I start reading a book I really like, I can’t stop. I won’t be able to do anything else until I finish to read it. My mum’s like that, or I guess I’m just like my mum …
My love for books started when I was 8. When we moved back to Ivory Coast. There was only one tv channel and one cartoon per day that lasted about 20 minutes … There were plenty of books that my cousins left and I started to read more and more. I got less time to read lately because I know that if I start I won’t do anything else and I had a lot to do and still have ..
So it was great reading those three books in a row … I liked the movie too. A movie can’t be as good as a book we all know that… But I think it was a pretty nice adaptation, even though I found myself dead laughing in the cinema instead of crying while reading the book .. Anyway .. I’d like to watch it again …
I know that these cookies are in no way Canada vacations related or April’s fool related. I’ll do a post about my trip and all the food I ate soon I guess … Those cookies are really good !!! Yeah I have a thing for the combo banana, chocolate, oatmeal … I guess you got it right ? Hope you will give it a try !!
I finally wanted to give a big Thank You to everyone that commented, liked and read my banana nutella post thanks to being Freshly Pressed 3 weeks ago ! It meant a lot to me and I’m very grateful for that !! Thank You one more time !
Eggless Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies (vegan friendly) (Yield about 14 cookies )
– 128g/ 4.5 oz / 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 110g / 3.9 oz / 1/2 cup light brown sugar
– 55g / 2 oz / 1/4 cup of margarine , (or butter if not vegan room temperature)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 50g / 1.7 oz / 1 /2 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
– 170g / 6 oz / 1 cup chocolate chips
– 160g / 5.6 oz / 2/3 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 1 big )
– Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
– Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
– In a bowl mash the bananas (using a fork or a potato masher). Add the vanilla extract and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
– Sift and whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
– In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
– Add mashed bananas. Mix until combined.
– Stir in the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing well after each one (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula).
– Finally , incorporate the chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
– Using and ice cream scoop, arrange them on prepared baking trays, about 1 or 2 inches apart, they don’t spread much. With the palm of your hands or the back of a fork, gently press down each cookie.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until they look done, they will brown on the bottom.
– Leave the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the trays before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
– Eat them all or try not to !!
PS : They’re better the day you bake them, then they will get really chewy and lost all crispiness but will still be really good , trust me !
Bon Appétit !