This post is also available in: French
An old friend agreed to dog-sit for me this summer. To be totally honest, he’s my exbf and the first bf I had by the way and we had two dogs. When we broke up a few years ago (about 10 years now) we both kept one of the dogs. We’ve been friends since then.
And no it’s not weird and no we would never want to be in love or in whatever relationship again. We are are good friends , I even went at his place spend some days with my ex-bf, so no awkwardness at all.
So when I found myself with no dogsitters available and was in deep trouble this summer, he told me that he would be more than happy to keep my dog. The only problem was that he lives close to Guérande and La Baule. It’s a 4 hours drive and I didn’t had much days off this summer.
When I had to drop her off, my mom did the trip with me , we left my parent’s place early in the morning, ate some beloved crepes and galette drank apple cider and then we came home late at night.
When I went to pick her up, I was able to stay 2 days, which was short but better and I had more time to buy the usual : Salted butter caramel sauce, Organic Guérande salt, organic apple juice, organic apple cider and some chocolate from a new shop that just opened in Guérande.
I went « paddleboarding » for the first time and of course I had lots of food. Sometimes when I fly from Nantes, Alex (that’s my ex) comes to pick me up so I can spend a day or an afternoon there. It’s a one hour drive, so it’s pretty close.
I had a great time. It is one of my favorite place I think. If I could I would move back there again. So I had plenty of Salted Butter caramel (Salidou) sauce to use. Plus when we fly for work we fly a lot with Air France as passengers and they always give us those delicous cookies with salted butter caramel chunks from La Mère Poulard.
I’ve been keeping them for a cheesecake for a while so it was perfect. It’s really good, not oversweet because the only sweetener is the caramel sauce, add the richness of the cream cheese and heavy cream plus the crunch of the cookies crumbs … Delicious !
No Bake Salted butter Caramel Cheesecake in a Jar (Makes about 6 big jars or 12 smaller)
– 30g / 1 oz / 1/4 stick of butter, melted
– 1 Tbsp light brown sugar (optional)
– 400g / 14 oz / Cream Cheese (room temperature )
– 170g / 6 oz / Graham crackers crumbs or Salted Caramel Cookies crumbs (21 Mère Poulard Galettes Caramel au beurre salé)
– 200g / 7 oz / 3/4 cup salted butter caramel sauce
– 226g / 8 oz / 1 cup heavy cream
– 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– In a bowl, mix together the crushed cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar ( if you are using graham crackers). Divide equally between the bottoms of each jar and press it down lightly and evenly with your fingers. Set aside.
– In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese. Add the salted caramel sauce, heavy cream and vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy.
– Evenly spoon the filling into the jars, smoothing the top.
– Top with a thin layer of caramel sauce or just decorate with it if you feel like it.
– Refrigerate for about an hour or until firm.
– Eat them all or try not to !!
Bon Appétit !