This post is also available in: French
I’m in Love with this season. I think this might be my favorite season ever ! Well I love summer too … I love the colors, I love staying at home when it’s cold or raining and grey outside.
I love drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Chai tea Lattes, hot cups of tea or Caramel Latte machiattos while eating spiced cookies … I love Pumpkin spices that you can sprinkles everywhere … Pumpkins are everywhere … So pretty and so yummy. Well I’m definitely in love with Autumn.
I’m in Paris this week , I drove my grandma to the cemetery where her parents are burried. She uses to drive there but since she doesn’t have a car anymore and it’s pretty complicated to get there by bus I came earlier to drive her. She was pretty relieved about it. It was the first time that I went to my grand grand parents grave.
I don’t remember them at all, my grand grand father died a long time before I was even born and my grand grand mother « left » when I was about 3yo … We were lucky because today was a beautiful, sunny and hot day. Perfect Automn day. The graveyard was beautiful and peaceful … I took both of these instagram shots this morning while we were driving through the alleys. Beautiful , right ?
For the first time I made some pumpkin butter this year. Usually recipes call for apple juice but I decided to go with an other fall fruit that I’m in love with : Pomegranates. I had a bottle of Pom in my fridge and I felt inspired. And let me tell you that it was a great inspiration. It is so good that it was hard for me to stop eating it by the spoon so that I could take pictures … And what about you ? Are you in love with Autumn as well ?
Pomegranate Pumpkin Butter (Makes about 2 cups)
Pumpkin pie Spice Mix :
– 3 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
– 1 1/2 Tbsp Ground Ginger
– 2 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
– 2 1/4 tsp cloves
– 1 1/8 tsp allspice
– 1 tsp vanilla powder ( or one vanilla pod gratted)
– Mix all the spices in a small jar.
Pomegranate Pumpkin Butter : (Makes about 2 cups)
– 110 ml / 3.8 oz / 1/2 + 1/8 cup Pomegranate juice
– 80g / 2.8 oz / 1/3 cup light brown sugar
– 360g / 12.7 oz / 1 & 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
– 1 & 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spices
– 40g / 1.4 oz / 2 Tbsp maple syrup
– Mix all the ingredients in a blender if you can first.
– Pour in a large saucepan.
– Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
– Continue simmering, for about 30 – 40 minutes while stirring frequently
– Transfer to a sterilised jar.
– Store in the fridge.
Bon Appétit !