This post is also available in: French
I am really excited because I will be a part time Lush Christmas Elf for the next two months ! I applied last month but at first it didn’t worked out. I was a bit disappointed because it was the 3rd time in my life that I was applying for a job at Lush. But well life goes on and I thought that it wasn’t meant to happen. But last week they called me back and asked me if I was still looking for a job and of course I said yes !
I really love that brand and I’ve been using their products for about 7 years now I think. I’ve discovered it while in London for a week end. Coming home I desesperetly looked for a shop in Paris and I found it, a little tiny shop in St Germain. I brought all my friends there over the years and they felt in love with Lush as well.
Over the past three years they opened a lot of shops in France and this summer they even opened one in my town ! I remember that my exbf texted me the news in July but I couldn’t go until september. That’s when I noticed that they were hiring part time Christmas Elves. If you wanna know why I love Lush, just watch that video and you will understand !
About those pancakes. I had to try three versions of them before to get those Perfect Healthy Fluffy Pancakes. They are just amazing. They can serve just one, are quickly done and in my case I even put the batter overnight in the fridge so I could just wake up and bake them ! Perfect. I told you. You do realize how many pancakes I had to eat for you guys ? I have to mention that some are frozen right now, after 15 pancakes in something like 3 days I clearly needed to eat something else even thought they are healthy , egg free and dairy free. You know that you need to taste them ! Like this week end ! Let me know what you think.
Fluffy Healthy Pumpkin Pie Pancakes (vegan friendly ) (Yield 5 pancakes )
– 80g / 2.8 oz / 2/3 cup Whole Wheat flour
– 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– a pinch salt
– 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
– 25g / 0.9 oz / 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
– 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 12g / 0.4 oz / 1 Tbsp grape seed oil (or any other neutral oil)
– 160g / 5.6 oz /2/3 cup milk of your choice
– 15g / 0.5 oz / 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
– 45g / 1.6 oz / 3 Tbsp Pumpkin butter
– In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, spices, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
– In a large bowl mix pumpkin butter, oil, milk, vanilla and maple syrup. All ingredients must be room temperature.
– Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just enough to combine. Be careful to not over mix it.
– The batter will be thick. Let it rest at least 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the fridge (that’s what I did). When you will be using it, be really careful to not stir it or all the bubbles on the top will deflate and your pancakes won’t be as fluffy as they are supposed to be.
– Preheat and lightly coat a skillet over low or medium heat.
– Gently spoon 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet and cook until the bottom is golden brown about 3 minutes. Flip the pancake over and cook until the other side turns golden brown, about 3 more minutes.
– Repeat until no batter is left.
– Serve warm, topped with maple syrup, butter or margarine and chopped candied pecans !
– Eat them all !! Or find someone to help you do it !
Pumpkin pie Spice Mix :
– 3 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
– 1 1/2 Tbsp Ground Ginger
– 2 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
– 2 1/4 tsp cloves
– 1 1/8 tsp allspice
– 1 tsp vanilla powder ( or one vanilla pod gratted)
– Mix all the spices in a small jar.
Bon Appétit !