This post is also available in: French
Happy New Year !! I wish you the Best and only the Best !
Hope you had a nice time yesterday. I had dinner with my parents and one of my brothers. We had way too much to eat as usual. I have to confess that I am not a big New Year’s Eve fan so it was a really nice one with the family.
I worked at Lush in the afternoon, had a nice dinner, watched some funny things on tv that we used to watched when we were kids, we laughed so much ! I went to bed around 2 am and wake up around 11 am , had breakfast and watched the great canadian movie Starbuck with the family in my pajamas and went back to sleep. Best January the 1st ever !
I usually don’t like Champagne, the only close thing I drink is some « Clairette de Dié Tradition » because it’s on the sweet side. My mom is in love with the Champagne Chocolate Truffles from Jeff de Bruges for a while now and it became a tradition to buy her some every Christmas.
I wanted to do White Chocolate Champagne truffles for her but I ran out of time so I thought of these White Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes. They were really good and light.
What did you do for NYE ? What did you had to eat ?
White Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes 🙁 Yield 6 cupcakes)
White Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes :
– 1 large egg white
– 60g/ 2.1oz / 1/2 cup cake flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 50g / 1.7 oz / 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 30g / 1 oz/ 2 Tbsp heavy cream
– 30g / 1 oz/ 2 Tbsp Champagne or any sparkling wine
– 30g / 1 oz white chocolate, melted
– 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
– Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
– Sift and whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
– In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white until foamy. Add sugar and keep beating . Add melted white chocolate, heavy cream, champagne and vanilla extract . beat several minutes, until the mixture is smooth.
– Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mix until just combined , be careful to not overmix it.
– Scrape sides of bowl. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
– Bake cupcakes until testers inserted into centers come out clean, about 20 minutes.
– Let cool in tins on wire racks. Cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to 3 days, unless otherwise noted.
Whipped Champagne White Chocolate Ganache :
– 200 g / 8 oz white chocolate
– 90 g / 3.1 oz / 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp heavy cream
– 60g / 2.4 oz / 1/4 cup Champagne or any sparkling wine
– Chop very finely your chocolate and set aside in abowl.
– Heat the cream and Champagne over low heat. Bring to a simmer.
– Then, turn the heat off and pour in the chocolate. Let it sit for a minute .
– When ready, stir and keep mixing until chocolate and cream are smooth.
– Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Overnight is better.
– Whip it with a mixer or beaters on medium-high speed until paler in color and fluffy,
– Frost your cupcakes !
Bon Appétit !