This post is also available in: French
I am really excited today because tomorrow my best friend is getting her first tattoo and I get to go with her and to have brunch with her prior to that ! Yeah for best friends, brunches and tattoos ! This is really funny because I am almost as excited as I would be if it was me getting a new tattoo. And let me tell you that for her first one she’s going big !
I mentioned my tattoo love in my last post. I actually got two first ones last year. The first one was to celebrate my thirtieth birthday. I wanted to get one for a very long time but I wanted to be sure 100% about what I wanted to get and where. Second reason was I wanted to find an artist that I love and to have enough money to do so. Turned out I finally found the tattoo artist , what I wanted and had enough money.
Second tattoo was because I totally fell in love with one of my tattoo artist’s print and I begged her to tattooed it on me. She agreed. because she’s the best ! Amazing personality, very talented and very kind. My first tattoo lasted 8 hours and the second one about 9. As tattooed people would say : « No Pain, No Gain » and « Go Big or Go Home ».
I’m not gonna put any photos here even though I’m really proud of them. If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen them already. I am glad I waited till I was thirty to do it. If I would have done it younger I would have done it on more visible spots and I couldn’t be doing the job I’m doing for a living. You’re not supposed to have visible tattoos when you are a flight attendant. I wish I could have one thought and I’m very jealous of my best friend that is getting a 3/4 sleeve. To be honest I’m already thinking about the next one. I’ve read that sentence on Facebook once : « Tattoos are like potato chips, you can’t just have one ». I find it very true.
My family thinks that my tattoos are beautiful (even my grandma) even thought they don’t totally agree about me getting them. But I am a grown up and I am independant. I know that some of you don’t like tattoos or don’t understand why people are getting them. I respect that, I just ask people to respect the fact that I love tattoos. I won’t judge anyone based on the fact that they’re not tattooed.
Of course I hear the same questions all the time, « what when you’re getting old ? » or « what when you will be pregnant ? » (this one because I have one on my ribs/plexus, it which is very painful by the way ), I usually answer that life is short and you don’t know what can happen to you. You can’t do things based on the possibility of something that might happen someday. I can die tomorrow and maybe that I’ll never be pregnant. It’s not about being pessimistic but about being realistic.
The other questions I have a lot are « Do you like pain ? » or « Do you have a problem with your body ? ». No and no, I don’t like pain and my body is ok thank you. This is just an art form that I love, and I love to turn my body into art as well. Yes I consider it art and there is a lot of very talented tattoo artist out there.
So I made this Chocolate Pistachio Fudge to bring along tomorrow to the tattoo shop. I got to hang out quite a few times with them last year and I always bring sweets. It became a tradition somehow. And my best friend loves the chocolate pistachio combo ! Let me tell you, sugar is your best friend when you’re getting tattooed. This fudge is really creamy, it just melts in your mouth beautifully .. First you have the chocolate taste and then the subtle pistachio one and then the crunchy pistachios … Really nice and so easy !
So what do you think about tattoos ? Do you have some or do you plan to get some in the future ?
Chocolate Pistachio Fudge: (yield 36 squares)
– 396g / 14 oz / 1 can condensed milk
– 28 g / 1 oz / 2 Tbsp butter, cubed
– Pinch salt
– 170g / 6 oz / 1 cup milk chocolate chips or chopped
– 250g / 9 oz / 1 & 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped
– 1/2 Tbsp Pistachio Extract
– 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
– 113g / 4 oz / 1 cup Pistachio, chopped
– Butter an 8×8 inch (20cmx20cm) pan or line it with parchment paper ( leaving a 2-inch /5 cm overhang on two sides ).
– In a large microwave safe bowl combine condensed milk , butter and salt.
– Microwave on high for 3 minutes. It will be very bubbly.
– Add the chocolates chips or chopped chocolates.
– Stir well until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is really smooth.
– Add the pistachio and pure vanilla extract. Mix one more time.
– Finally add the chopped pistachios and stir vigorously.
– Spread evenly to the edges of the prepared pan. Smooth top.
– Refrigerate or freeze until completely set.
– Using the parchment paper overhangs, lift fudge from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 36 squares.
– Eat them all or try not to !
Bon Appétit !