This post is also available in: French
Spring is almost here !! It’s been really sunny and warm in France for almost two weeks now. But I remember making that Lemon Curd recipe while it was only rainy days for two weeks straight. I needed to bring the sun into my home ! And now the sun is here !
I need to tell you something : Last Saturday I started a two weeks internship at one of my favorite Bakery in Paris. I was so excited and stressed out Friday that I couldn’t sleep the night before. It was great I was in charge of baking their carrot cakes and their cream cheese frosting.
Their carrot cake is just amazing , it’s actually one of their signature cakes. Crazy. I’ve never seen so much batter neither did used those quantities of ingredients in my life ! And I did the pecan pie filling !!!! I’m in love with their pecan pie. They were all super nice and patient. It was great. I am still excited !! Can’t wait to go back tomorrow.
I had to go back home after that because I had to dog sit my dog for the week end because my mom and my brother were on a family week end. Let me tell you what I did.
I ate a cheeseburger at McDonalds on my way home. Then I took a long walk with my dog. At 7 :30 pm I was in my bed with my weekly episodes of New Girl and Nashville. At 9 :30 I was asleep. I was Exausted.
You might ask me : Why am I doing this internship ? The truth is I’m thinking about going to pastry school next year but I know that being in your kitchen at home and being in a professional one is two different things so I would like to know if I would like it or not.
Plus I had this great opportunity that someone offered me. I couldn’t say no. I don’t know yet if I am allowed to say the name of this Bakery here or to take pictures but of course I will keep you posted if I can !
About this curd. Of course over the years I tried several recipes and of course you won’t be surprised to know that I like mine more on the spreadable side than on the pourable side. And I like it tart.
It’s a really quick recipe and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do and that i twill bring you the sun like mine did. Of course it’s sunny thanks to my lemon curd !
And you ? Have you ever done an internship at a bakery ? Did you like it ? Did you Hate it ?
Lemon Curd: (Makes about 1 & 2/3 cups)
– 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
– 10g / 0.3 oz / 1 Tbsp cornstach
– pinch salt
– 200g / 7 oz / 1 cup granulated sugar
– 125g / 4.4 oz / 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2 to 3 lemons)
– 113 g / 4 oz / 1/2 cup butter, cubed
– 1 Tbps Lemon zest
– In a saucepan whisk eggs, eggs yolks, cornstach,salt and sugar. Add Lemon juice and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
– Remove the saucepan from the heat and quickly add the butter and mix until smooth. Stir in the lemon zest. Pour the mixture into a bowl or jars and lightly press some plastic wrap on top. It will prevent a skin from forming. Let it cool and refrigerate it a few hours (Overnight if possible).
– It will keeps for a few weeks in your fridge or a few months in your freezer !
Bon Appétit !