This post is also available in: French
The weather has been really tricky lately … It’s been raining a bit and it’s cold … Well not cold cold, but more cold than at the beginning of the month. So I have a serious problem. I don’t know if I already told you about one of my biggest handicap : Packing my luggages. I know that I should be really good at this, considering the fact that I am a flight attendant.
But the truth is I’m the worst and I totally hate it. I tend to postpone it to the last minute and this is when the nightmare usually begins. I never know what to pack and I always pack way too much stuff. I always end up packing for two weeks which is a good thing when I leave for one month but not so good when I leave for one week …
So for once I decided to take my cabin luggage for my two weeks in Paris instead of my big one because I was taking the train and I didn’t wanted to deal with a super heavy luggage and my grandma has a washing machine of course, so I took enough clothes for just one week. This is the moment where you ask me what is my problem ?
My problem is that I took one week of spring, almost summer clothes and it’s been windy and cold since I’m here … I don’t even have my winter coat … Hopefully I packed my big wool scarf …
And of course I forgot my umbrella … I’ll be very lucky if I don’t get sick … So for now on I will always keep packing with way too much clothes to avoid that situation in the future.
I know that it’s been a lot of lemon on the blog but I can’t help it I love it. And I had this full jar of lemon curd to put to use so… These are the other treats I brought to the tattoo shop two weeks ago. They were a huge success !! My baby brother and my mom loved them as well.
So much that my mom refused to take them to work because she wanted to keep them all for herself. My best friend is totally in love with lemon meringue tart, white chocolate and marshmallows so I totally made them for her. She loved them so much that she told me that I should give them her name. They really helped her getting through her first tattoo session.
So what about you ? Are you good at packing ?
No Bake White Chocolate Lemon Meringue Pie Bars: (yield 25 squares)
– 200g / 7 oz / 1 1/2 cup Petits beurres or Graham crackers crumbs (about 23 cookies)
– 113g / 4 oz / 1 stick of butter, melted
– 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
– 396g / 14 oz / 1 can condensed milk
– 56 g / 2 oz / 1/2 stick butter, cubed
– Pinch salt
– 340g / 12 oz / 2 cups white chocolate chips or chopped
– 30g / 1 oz/ 2 Tbsp Lemon Curd
– 30g/ 1 oz / 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
– 1 tsp Lemon Extract
– 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
– 150g / 5.3 oz/ 3 cups Mini Marshmallows
– Butter an 8×8 inch (20cmx20cm) pan or line it with parchment paper ( leaving a 2-inch /5 cm overhang on two sides ).
– In a bowl, mix together the crushed cookies crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Transfer to the pan and press it down lightly and evenly with your fingers. Set aside. Refrigerate until ready to use.
– In a large microwave safe bowl combine condensed milk , butter and salt.
– Microwave on high for 3 minutes. It will be very bubbly.
– Add the chocolates chips or chopped chocolate.
– Stir well until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is really smooth.
– Add the lemon curd, lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon zest. Mix one more time.
– On top of the cookie crust, spread evenly to the edges of the prepared pan. Smooth the top. Sprinkles marshmallows on top and press lightly to make sure it will stick to the bars.
– Refrigerate or freeze until completely set.
– Using the parchment paper overhangs, lift bars from pan and transfer to a cutting board. Torch the marshmallows if you want to and then cut into 25 squares.
– Eat them all or try not to !
Bon Appétit !