This post is also available in: French
I can’t believe it’s Friday already … This week has been one more crazy week…. Last week end my brother asked me lf I could bake some goodies for a four day event he’s part of so they could raise money.
Of course I said yes even though I would have to bake and freeze as I wouldn ‘t be here this week end and Monday.
What I first thought would be a few goodies, like 100, turned into 500 goodies. I told him that it was way too much that they wouldn’t sell 500 goodies in 4 days even though a lot of people were coming anyway. So we agreed on half and I ended up baking 232 goodies.
I baked lemon cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate crackles cookies, peanut butter cookies, brownies and peanut butter bars …
I wouldn’t have been able to do this without my dear kitchenaid and my dear dishwasher, I love you guys.
My main problem was my oven I need to buy a new one but I clearly don’t have the money to do so. The temperature is wrong and changes all the time.
I bought an oven thermometer last year but it’s really complicated to set it on the right temperature and to keep it … It’s a nightmare … And I only own three cookie sheets and 3 wire racks …
It was time consuming but I did it … Then on top of this baking marathon I had to bake things for the blog, take pictures plus a lot of chores on top of that ….. But I did it.
These Lemon Sweet Rolls would be perfect for your next brunch, it yield only 6 rolls which could be a good thing. Well it is for me …
Did you had many baking / cooking marathon in your life … ?
Lemon Sweet Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze (Yield 6 Rolls):
Lemon Sweet Rolls :
– 336g / 11.8 oz / 2 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
– 7g / 0.25 oz / 2 1/4 tsp 1 package Active Dry Yeast
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 55g / 2 oz / 1/4 cup light brown sugar
– 56g / 2 oz / 1/2 stick of butter , melted
– 175 ml / 6.1 oz / 2/3 cup + 1 Tbsp milk
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
Ingredients Filling :
– 28g / 1 oz / 2 Tbsp butter, softened
– 80g / 2.8 oz / 1/3 cup lemon curd
– 14g / 0.5 oz / 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
– 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
– For filling :
– In a bowl, mix the softened butter, lemon curd, sugar and lemon zest until well blended. Set aside
– For dough :
– Mix warm milk, sugar, vanilla and melted butter. Sprinkle yeast over the warm mixture and let it stand for 5 minutes.
– In a medium bowl, whisk and sift flour and salt together .
– In a large bowl mix the liquid mixture and the flour and knead until you have a smooth, elastic dough.
– Transfer to a lightly greased bowl Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for one hour or until it doubled.
– Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease a baking pan.
– On a lightly floured surface or on a non stick mat, roll the dough into a 10 by 6 inch (25x15cm) rectangle.
– Spread evenly the filling mixture. Roll up dough tightly from the long end, pinching the edges seam to seal.
– Using a sharp knife, cut log into 6 equal slices and place rolls evenly in prepared pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
– Bake for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool
Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze :
– 14 g / 0.5 oz / 1 Tbsp butter
– 75g / 2.6 oz / 1/3 cup Cream Cheese
– 125g / 4.5 oz / 1 cups icing sugar, sifted
– 125g / 4.4 oz / 1/2 cup lemon curd
– 45g / 1.6 oz / 3 Tbsp lemon juice
– 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
– 1/2 tsp pure Vanilla extract
– In a bowl, cream the butter for a few seconds then add the cream cheese beat until smooth and creamy.
– On low speed, add the icing sugar. Beat until well incorporated.
– Add lemon curd, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
– Keep beating until glaze is smooth.
– Frost your rolls.
– Eat a warm roll !!
Bon Appétit !