This post is also available in: French
One of my brothers’s best friend came over for lunch with his wife and their sweet 9 months old baby girl at my parents’ house yesterday. This baby was just pure joy !
Of course we spent all our time playing with her, holding her, kissing her, smelling her…
It was pure Joy. You know … That baby smell, that baby laugh. She didn’t cried once in 6 hours. I think that they are very lucky parents.
It was pretty funny because it was the first time that she was seeing an actual dog and a big one. So she was fascinated and a bit scared at the same time.
I think that my dog was a bit jealous so she pretty much ignored her the whole time except when her mom fed her. You never know what could happen with a baby, maybe that some food would fall down and in this case she would be ready.
I remember that my other dog understood pretty quickly that babies = pieces of bread. You know all this babies handing their pieces of bread that their parents gave them to deal with their teething pain to this really cute pet that looks just like a cuddly toy ?
I don’t have kids yet and I’m not even close to it but I see lots of babies when I work and of course a lot of my 30 something friends gave birth in the last months, are about to give birth or are trying to get pregnant.
I’m in the middle of a huge baby boom and I feel like babies are everywhere, don’t you ? I know that it’s pretty normal. Most of my friends are married, about to get married or in long relationships. We are in our thirties after all.
I just still feel a bit lost and confused with my friends about all this baby talks. They have to translate and explain to me all these babies mysteries… I think that I will only really understand what is it all about when I will be a mom I hope some day.
I think that any parents needs this Nutella Chocolate Pudding in their life. It’s a really quick comforting dessert that would help them go through these sleepless nights and these moments when they need to remember why they wanted kids in the first place…
It’s silky, creamy, chocolatey, hazelnuttey, Nutellatey ( can I say that … ?). Well even if you’re in your thirties or not, with or without kids you need this pudding in your life, trust me!
Am I the only one lost in these baby boom confusion ?
Nutella Chocolate Pudding : (Serves 4-6)
– 15g / 0.5 oz / 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
– 20g / 0.7 oz / 2 Tbsp cornstach
– 1 pinch salt
– 250g / 8.8 oz / 1 cup heavy cream
– 250g/ 8.8 oz/ 1 cup hazelnut milk or your favorite milk.
– 200g / 7 oz / 2/3 cup Nutella or other hazelnut chocolate spread
– 28g / 1 oz / semi sweet chocolate, finally chopped
– 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– In a saucepan mix the dry ingredients : sugar,cornstach and salt.
– Slowly mix in the heavy cream and hazelnut milk until well combined and lump free.
– Cook over medium heat. Whisk constantly until it thickens.
– Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate, Nutella and vanilla extract.
– You can run through a sieve if you like.
– Lightly press some plastic wrap on top of the mixture. It will prevent a skin from forming. Let it cool and refrigerate it a few hours (Overnight if possible).
– Eat it !
Bon Appétit !